Tubby & Coo’s is now hiring! Please read the job description below thoroughly before applying. We understand that everyone loves to be inside of bookstores, but actually working in one may not be for you. To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume and brief introduction e-mail about why you wish to work for Tubby & Coo’s to Candice Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Bookseller/Assistant Manager
Some of the key components of Tubby & Coo’s business include:
- Board Game selling
- Fandom/nerdy events
- Relationships with local schools
- com publishing imprint/collection
- Literary and pop culture conferences and conventions
- Partnerships with other local businesses and fan groups
- Acknowledge and greet customers as they enter the store, establishing a rapport and engaging them in conversations about pop culture, common interests, and our products and services.
- Ask insightful questions to identify customer needs and provide recommendations to the best of your ability for books, graphic novels, board games, and merchandise by using your knowledge to connect customers with the right products.
- Properly and appropriately respond to customer complaints, concerns, and questions.
- Organize and shelve products and ensure the store is orderly and clean at all times. This includes straightening bookcases, maintaining restroom cleanliness, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and performing other store housekeeping tasks as required.
- Effectively operate a cash register, including counting monies and cashing in and out.
- Aid in managing the store’s social media accounts, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Aid in maintaining the store’s website, including posting all events to the calendar and maintaining content.
- Aid in event planning and execution, both for in store and offsite events.
- Assist with duties as required for the Inkshares.com publishing imprint, including but not limited to, being a liaison for authors, assisting in book production, and copyediting.
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our company culture and core values at all times.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned and deemed necessary by the store owner.
Required Job Qualifications
- Must be passionate about books, board games, and pop culture.
- Flexible, adaptable, and positive attitude. Open to feedback and willing to learn new tools and techniques.
- Must be able to work during the day, during the week.
- Must be able to perform physical activity, including maneuvering around in small spaces, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, heavy lifting/carrying (up to 50 lbs.), building, and climbing.
- Must be able and willing to work potentially long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel within the New Orleans and surrounding areas, and possibly regionally to Mississippi, Lafayette, or similar areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates exemplary knowledge of pop culture.
- Demonstrates knowledge of science fiction and fantasy books and graphic novels.
- Demonstrates knowledge of board games.
- Demonstrates logical thought processes and exemplary analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Demonstrates a high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, and with learning new systems and processes.
- Capable of using a computer and cash register.
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrates proficiency in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Demonstrates proficiency in WordPress or a similar website management tool.
- Demonstrates proficiency in navigating the Internet.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Self-directed and proactive, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working on tight deadlines, with frequent interruptions, and with frequent changes in priorities.
What We Offer
- Duration of Service: 18-20 hours per week, part time service
- Compensation: $8.00/Hour
- Other benefits possibly available, but not guaranteed.
- Health benefits not included.
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Education||High School diploma or equivalent|
Tubby & Coo’s Mid-City Book Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tubby & Coo’s Mid-City Book Shop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Tubby & Coo’s Mid-City Book Shop expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and brief introduction e-mail about why you wish to work for Tubby & Coo’s to Candice Huber at email@example.com.