To celebrate Independent Bookstore Day on Saturday, May 7, we have partnered with three other local book shops – Garden District Book Shop, Octavia Books, and Maple Street Book Shop – and with Yelp to bring you an epic scavenger hunt! The idea is to get you to visit all four book shops on May 7 looking for clues to put together a secret phrase. Figure out the phrase and say it, and you’ll be entered to win $100 in gift certificates from all four book shops.
HOW IT WORKS
- At the first of the four book shops you visit on Independent Bookstore Day, May 7, 2016, tell an employee that you’d like to participate in the scavenger hunt.
- The employee will hand you a sheet with the clues.
- You will need to solve each individual clue to obtain a part of the secret phrase.
- You will need to visit ALL FOUR participating book shops to complete the hunt. When you visit each book shop, get an employee to initial your sheet to prove that you visited.
- Put together the secret phrase.
- Once you’ve discovered the secret phrase, tell an employee at the fourth book shop you visit. That employee will confirm if the phrase is correct. If you are correct, fill out your name, phone number, and e-mail address on the sheet and turn into any employee of the fourth book shop.
- After May 7, all completed scavenger hunt forms will be entered into a drawing to win $100 of gift certificates to all four book shops, and we will contact the winner.
Make sure you take photos and tag us on social media (@tubbyandcoos)! Use the hashtag #IBD15 when you post about Independent Bookstore Day. #tagon
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com or hit us up on social media: Facebook (www.facebook.com/tubbyandcoos); Twitter (@tubbyandcoos); and Instagram (@tubbyandcoos).
This scavenger hunt is brought to you in partnership with Yelp! Check out Yelp’s swag at each book shop on Independent Bookstore Day, and check in on Yelp to receive exclusive Independent Bookstore Day offers!