How the Submission Process/Contest Works
The following guidelines outline how to submit your work for the Tubby & Coo’s Inkshares publishing imprint. If you’re interested in submitting to us, please read the following first.
Last updated September 22, 2015
HOW THE SUBMISSION PROCESS/CONTEST WORKS
Tubby & Coo’s is launching our own Inkshares publishing imprint! Do you write science fiction, fantasy, graphic novels, or children’s books? Submit your original work to us, and it could get published! Here’s how it works:
- Submit your work to us via creating a draft on Inkshares (uploading your work) and filling out this form to submit. The submission deadline is December 31, 2015.
- Pitch your work to us by clicking the “Pitch” button on Inkshares after you’ve created a draft.
- Work to gain followers/interested readers on Inkshares.
- We read the submissions and select our top five favorites.
- We will notify the top five finalists on January 15, 2016.
- The top five finalists will be added to the Tubby & Coo’s Inkshares collection (follow us!), where we will support you in reaching the goal of 1,000 pre-orders.
- The first work to reach 1,000 pre-orders will receive a launch party (and all of the things listed below!). ANY work of our top five to reach 1,000 pre-orders will be published.
WHAT WILL I GET IF I’M SELECTED AS A FINALIST?
- Your work will be added to the Tubby & Coo’s Inkshares Collection and will receive branding, backing, and marketing support from Tubby & Coo’s to help you reach your goal of 1,000 pre-orders.
- Any of the top five finalists who reach 1,000 pre-orders will receive traditional publishing support, including editing, cover design, production, and distribution nationwide where books are sold, including to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and independent bookstores.
- Any of the top five finalists who reach 1,000 pre-orders will have their books prominently displayed at Tubby & Coo’s and hand sold and recommended by Tubby & Coo’s staff.
WHAT WILL I GET IF I’M THE FIRST TO REACH 1,000 PRE-ORDERS?
- The first to reach 1,000 pre-orders will be the first work published under the Tubby & Coo’s Inkshares imprint.
- A launch party at Tubby & Coo’s for your new work.
- Travel and hotel expenses paid to get the author to New Orleans if he/she is not local.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE CASE OF A TIE?
If two projects hit the 1,000 pre-order goal at exactly the same time (which is highly unlikely), both will be published, and we will hold a joint launch party.